Fallout 4 Perk Chart PNG
After spending a good 15 – 20 minutes trying to figure out why my PNG kept turning into a JPG every time I tried to upload it to Imgur I finally remembered that I actually have another way to share my images; PIXEL8. I will eventually start a much larger post with some downloadable Fallout 4 desktops and maybe a break down of how they were created (and links to some of the assets if people want them) but in the meantime I’m making one of my assets available; the new Perk Chart, completely masked out. You can download it by clicking the image below.
That’s right, I spent an absurd amount of time with my pen tool in Photoshop masking out each and every image in that new Fallout 4 Perk Chart. It all started because I wanted to mask out a couple of images to use for a desktop design and somewhere along the way it became some sort of challenge that I had to complete. It got pretty rough about halfway through Charisma but ultimately the final product was completely worth it. And speaking of which, I’d appreciate some feedback, particularly as it pertains to any potential missing or unnecessary items. What do I mean by that? Well, let’s look at some close ups of the Perk Chart itself.
I’m fairly confident I’ve isolated everything relevant to each perk but I’m not 100% confident that I have any confidence whatsoever in the phrase ‘fairly confident’. In the above image I’ve circled some of the items that I really couldn’t be sure of when isolating that particular scene. So let’s go heading by heading so I can explain.
- Paintings – In the case of the Paintings I wasn’t sure whether or not these specific ones were in any way relevant to the perk scene. There are plenty of other perks where it was clear that the poster or painting was related to the scene but I wasn’t sure what to do with these guys. I went ahead and masked them out anyway but I’m not sure I needed to (it’s just a square so it’s not like it was time consuming).
- Doors – I’m about 91.23078% positive that these doors have nothing to do with the perk scene they happen to be in. The problem is image C there. That’s the main image in the Luck column and it’s pretty clear that that tiny door is relevant to the perk scene (I’m assuming it’s related specifically to the cat). While the others seem to be part of the overall vault environment, this guy made me question whether or not I might be overlooking something by not including the doors.
- Lamps – Like the Paintings I went ahead and masked out every lamp in the chart and included them with their respective perk scenes. Also like the Paintings, I wasn’t entirely sure that I needed to. It seemed to me that their appearance has little to do with the perk scene they were in but ultimately I decided to go with my shiny new saying; When in doubt, mask it out.
- Chairs – Like the lamps and painting… You know what, see above.
- Clocks – Seriously, why did I make a bulleted list when they’re all more or less part of the same central problem; is it relevant or just a vault background item?
If you have any ideas or opinions on this matter please leave a comment and let me know if you think I did the right thing or if maybe I missed something. Also if there’s any desktop idea you’d like to see drop your concept down below and I’ll do my best to create it for you. Enjoy the PNG and share it with whoever you like.